Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 30 December 2015

A Towering Personality

Contributor : H R Shenoy  )

---------------------------------------------------------------

1st January 1964

I had completed exactly 9 months in L&T –  and was just 9 days away from normal delivery.

I was in the corridor of C Building ground floor switchgear works, when I saw a towering personality standing in front of me with an extended right hand and the ringing words flowed out “Happy New Year”.

It was one of the great moments of my life in L&T.

The towering personality was that of Mr Henning Holck-Larsen, one of the two founders of L&T and active Chairman of the Board of Directors at that time.

I was told it was customary for him to go round Powai Works and greet each of the about thousand employees (in that year) – a rough estimate of mine.

What followed was more pleasing.

Some minutes later, I had to go to the first floor of C Building on some work.  Again, the same towering personality was in front of me.

This time instinctively I extended my hand.  He said “I have already wished you.”

How he could remember the faces of all he has wished is still a mystery to me after five decades.

………..


No comments:

Post a Comment