Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Adios, Pillai

Adios  ,  Pillai

(  Contributor  :  H R Shenoy  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dear L&T  Friends  :

I am taking the liberty of reproducing below, email received from our colleague HRS ( H R Shenoy )

Subsequently , some of you added your own memories of PRSP

I invite you to add these in the " Post Comments " block by clicking on " No Comments " link 

If you are commenting as " Anonymous " , please do mention your name within the comment

Elsewhere in this section ( Blogs ) , you will also find :

*  L&T Story - 1

*  L&T Story - 2

Do invite other L&T-ites to visit these

If you too , want to share some  " Memorable Instances " during your career in L&T , do send to me ( hcp@RecruitGuru.com ) for uploading here

with regards,

hcp

29  Nov  2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


PRSP was a colleague of ours in Production Planning in Powai in 60s and 70s and then moved to Madh Works.

He breathed hist last on 5th November 2015.  I got it confirmed from his daughter Parvathy who happens to be my DIL's classmate.

I had lost contact with him for the last decade and more.

I always remember him as a jovial, simple person, ready with a good laughter - not too loud.  I hardly remember anyone like him - may be EN Mendonca was close.

May his soul rest in peace.

I am not sure this is the ideal time to share a memorable experience I had with him.  But there will not be another opportunity.  

If you feel offended, I seek your forgiveness.

In 60s and early 70s, ABC analysis of materials was nearly absent, despite what Mr HC Parekh may have wanted.  

Later on when computerisation started, value category 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 came into existence, VC 5 representing items with no requirement (may be real, or may be BOM fault).

One day I was in HCP's cabin, taking dictation, and PRSP had been summoned.

PRSP came in.  HCP asked him "What happened to so and so item?  I am told it is out of stock and production has been held up."

"What, sir.  That is not true.  Only yesterday, I got two years' requirement and put in stock."

May be I am stretching it a bit too far when I say two years' requirement.

I called it Pillai's Planning System, which preceded any Production Planning System.

PRSP, you have always remained in my memory though we have not been in touch, and will continue to till my own last breath.

Again, RIP my dear PRSP


HR Shenoy, 

7666128505

No comments:

Post a Comment