Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Respect among Peers

Respect  among  Peers


( Contributor ; BVR Murty )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Dear Sir,


Greetings from ITM, Kharghar

It is really heartening to read your blogs and archives.Your letters to all of us..

I have preserved few of your letters...

I tell my sons(both in USA) to read and understand the L&T way.They are still relevant even today.. 

I was in L&T - PSW -East Switch Boards factory..from 1978 to 2001. 

took  VRS .... am still active..am 65 + ..have another 2 years tenure as adjunct faculty..at ITM, Kharghar....

my wife retired as Vice-Principal of VES College of Commerce, Chembur..last year and enjoying retired life..

As told by many of L&T-ites....I  learnt a lot in terms of technical skills,training and communication..which has helped me to seamlessly migrate to teaching and mentoring..MBA students and executives..

am an active Rotarian ( RCMC,Vashi ),. 

we recently started BMA Navi Mumbai chapter to provide knowledge sharing and mentoring for students and BMA members in Navi Mumbai..

am also active member of a local music lovers group..involved in community projects..

Am pursuing my PhD in the area of Quality Management. 

this was inspired by last few years in L&T...we initiated many TQM , ISO and HR interventions while in L&T..those have helped me to articulate and share with students..as real live examples of best practices..

Above all..

I feel really pained to see the beautiful PSW East building giving way to residential/commercial..complex..

nostalgic memories of those working days spent..nice canteen..verdant surroundings..highly committed and intelligent work force....close bonding...

rare to see now in the current  rat-race..we had ..an average..contented life style..

I still remember when I met with a serious life threatening road accident in 1989....

all my colleagues..including Dr Panjwani..helped me to recover and L&T has provided compensation..

am always grateful to L&T and all colleagues.. 

we developed a unique frugal life style and saving culture..which has helped us to save and build assets for post retirement..and pass onto children..

All in all..it was memorable..experiential..and satisfying..tenure at L&T.. 

I always cherish..the moment I say..I worked for L&T..it generates lot of respect among..peers..

Hope  I have conveyed..pardon me for any errors or omissions..

Best of luck..and happy healthy retired life to one and all..

regards,

Prof B V Ramana Murty, M.Tech( I I T, Madras)

ITM B School, Kharghar,


Navi Mumbai-410210. Tel: 9322259210.

No comments:

Post a Comment